Terms and Conditions of Holiday Rental with Discover Stradbroke:
PLEASE NOTE: 1 minimum $1,000 Security Bond must be provided prior to keys being issued and access to the property granted.
PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE HOLIDAY RENTAL PROPERTIES OFFERED HERE BY DISCOVER STRADBROKE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO PROVIDE SECURITY AND OTHER SERVICES TO ENSURE A SAFE VISIT FOR SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS TO OCCUPY PROPERTIES WITHOUT AT LEAST TWO SUITABLE PARENTS/ADULTS (AGED 30YRS OR ABOVE) STAYING FOR THE ENTIRE TIME OF RENTAL.
AS THE BOOKER OF THE PROPERTY, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A STATUTORY DECLARATION. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NO PROPERTIES WILL BE RENTED TO UNSUPERVISED 'YOUTHS', AND ANY BOOKING MADE AND PAID FOR ONLINE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CANCELLED AND REFUNDED LESS A 13.2% BOOKING FEE.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOMMODATION DURING YOUR STAY OR IF YOU ARRIVE AND THE ABOVE CONDITIONS HAVE NOT BEEN MET.
NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED. FUNCTIONS - Strictly NO PARTIES OR FUNCTIONS policy.
Maximum guests permitted onto premises as agreed with the agent at the time of booking.
1. PERMITTED USE: The premises are available to you and your nominated guests for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the receipt and confirmation.
2. CHECK IN AND CHECK IN TIMES: The property is available from 2.00pm on the day of your arrival and is to be vacated by 10.00am on the day of your departure, unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon by the owner and/or agent. If the premises are occupied past the given times, an extra change will apply. Minimum fee half day charge of the nightly rate.
3. VACATING: On vacating, the premises are to be securely locked including all windows, all lights and air-conditioners to be turned off and the keys are to be returned to our office. Premises to be left in a neat and tidy condition, dishes washed and rubbish removed. A cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card if additional cleaning is required.
4. SERVICE FEE: A charge of 2% of the total cost for accommodation and extras will be applicable on all credit cards used. The Service Fee includes a card surcharge and a component towards the other costs we incur in relation to providing Online Booking and payments. Discover Stradbroke accepts Visa and MasterCard. Please note that in the event of a cancellation, the credit card surcharge is non-refundable.
5. DEPOSIT: To confirm your booking you will be required to pay not less than 50% of the value of the accommodation booking arranged on your behalf by Discover Stradbroke Real Estate.
6. TARIFFS: Please be aware the tariffs listed on our website are reviewed annually and new tariffs are then listed which will be applicable to all new bookings beyond July 1st.
7. CREDIT CARDS: If paid by cash or direct debit, your credit card details will be requested at the time of check-in.
8. BALANCE OF PAYMENT: Full and final payment must be made 60 days prior to your arrival. In the event that your arrival date is less than 60 days from the date you book, full payment is payable at the time of booking.
9. NO DEPOSIT RECEIVED BY DUE DATE: If for any reason your deposit is not received by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and apply appropriate cancellation charges.
10. CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event that you cancel your booking, for whatever reason, any deposit paid is non-refundable unless the premises are re-booked by ourselves or a third party at not less than the rate at which was agreed on when the booking was made. If the agent is successful in re-booking the property then they will refund the full amount paid less a 13.2% cancellation fee, of the value of the total booking. The Agent reserves the right to apply this condition at their discretion. For this reason Travel Insurance is highly recommended. Date changes or property changes with a booking will incur a $33 amendment fee each time a change is made.
Travel Insurance will be offered to you by seperate correspondence during the booking process or shortly after. The offer of travel insurance is made by a third party company and all questions, claims and requests for further information should be addressed directly with them. Discover Stradbroke cannot offer advice relating to Travel Insurance offers.
11. GOOD FAITH: The Agent makes the booking in good faith. However the Agent takes no responsibility for actions or changes made by the owner or a third party which may impact on the booking and over which the Agent has no control.
12. RESPONSIBILITY: The Agent takes no responsibility for descriptions of the property advertised on the web, brochures or any other written material, or verbal information given by the Agent or the Agents staff or associates.
13. PETS: Unless otherwise stipulated NO PETS ALLOWED.
14. TRAVEL INSURANCE: As the landlord/agent does not cover your personal belongings under their insurance policy and therefore take no responsibility for any loss or damage of personal belongings in or on the property, we strongly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance.
15. ACCESS: may be required from time to time, for necessary repairs and maintenance.
16. BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE: Notification of any breakages, loss, damages or maintenance must be reported to the agent immediately. Any costs associated with the above, caused by you or your invitees are required to be paid for by you.
17. MACHINERY BREAKDOWN: The agent will accept no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery breakdown. The agent's best endeavours to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken.
18. CLEANING: PLEASE ENSURE THE PROPERTY IS LEFT NEAT AND TIDY. ALL RUBBISH IS TO BE REMOVED AND DISHES WASHED UP AND PUT AWAY. ADDITIONAL CLEANING WILL BE CHARGED TO THE GUEST AT THE DISCRETION OF THE AGENT.
19. BBQs: THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA $40 CHARGE FOR BBQs TO BE CLEANED IF NOT CLEANED PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.
20. KEYS AND REMOTES: Replacement of lost keys or remotes will be charged to the guest
21. FUNCTIONS: Strictly NO PARTIES OR FUNCTIONS policy. Maximum guests permitted onto premises as agreed with the agent at the time of booking.
22. EXCESSIVE NOISE: Noise will not be tolerated. Guests must respect the peace and quiet enjoyment of their neighbours at all times.
23. COSTS: Any costs incurred by the body corporate, on-site manager, managing agent and the landlord which are associated with your holiday booking, will be charged to you at the Agent's discretion.
24. AFTER HOURS: Any costs incurred by the agent for after-hours call outs will be charged to the guest, minimum fee $55. i.e. keys locked in property.
25. KEY COLLECTION: It is the guests responsibility to confirm key collection with the agent prior to arrival.
26. PARKING: Guests and/or their visitors shall not park vehicles on the premises, except in the specific designated areas.
27. TERMINATED TENANCIES: A breach of any of the above terms and conditions will permit the owner/agent to refuse access, amend the agreement, or immediately terminate the tenancy. NO REFUNDS will be paid on terminated tenancies.
28. PROPERTY: Guests Property left behind - the agent takes no responsibility for items left behind by the guest. If the guest calls to report any items have been left behind the agent will endeavour to retrieve them and there will be a minimum charge of $33 for any items to be sent.
29. BOOKING AMENDMENT FEE: Once the deposit has been paid and you are wanting to make any changes to your booking a $33 fee will apply.
30. PETS: When you are staying in a pet friendly property or where special permission has been given to keep a pet at a property; care must be taken to ensure the pet remains outdoors; does not go onto furniture & is never locked inside the property. A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed. Your pet's vaccinations must be up to date & the pet is to be free of fleas. Discover Stradbroke reserves the right to act upon the above mentioned security bond up to 4 (four) weeks from the date of vacate should an outbreak of fleas occur at the premises with the exception if other guests with pets have occupied after your stay.