IMPORTANT COVID-19 GUEST INFORMATION – CLICK HERE
Call us on +617 3415 3949 if you can’t find the answer to your question here……
Discover Stradbroke Seasons:
1. How do I make an online booking on this website?
- Select your arrival date, using the calendars.
- Select your departure date using the calendars.
- Select the number of guests
- Click on the [search] button.
- There are more Filters below the search box on the Home page that include A/C, Wi-Fi etc
2. When I book my accommodation, do I have to pay a deposit?
- 50% of the tariff is required, as a deposit, to confirm the booking and is payable within 72hrs from the date you made the booking.
- If your booking is for arrival within 60 days, full payment is required within 24 hours.
- Please note that bookings will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not made by the due date.
3. When do I have to pay the balance of my accommodation?
- Balance of all outstanding monies is due 60 (60) days prior to your arrival.
- Payment may be made by bank cheque (made payable to Discover Stradbroke Real Estate), Money Order, MasterCard, Visa, or direct deposit into our Trust Account.
- There is a 2% charge on credit cards. No personal cheques or Cash will be accepted on arrival.
4. What time can I check into my accommodation?
Check-in time is 2.00pm.
5. How do I collect keys?
Easy! You will receive an email and an SMS the day before your arrival, and on arrival day, with instructions on key pick up. In most cases, you will need to come to our office at 3/23 Mooloomba Road, Point Lookout, 4183.
- During business hours we will meet you in person at the office.
- Outside hours you will receive an SMS with a CODE for our after-hours key box located outside our office. The SMS will include a Google Maps link to help you find us. The SMS will also include a Google Maps link for you to follow to find your property
- If your property has a CODED DOOR LOCK you will receive an SMS on arrival day once the property has been prepared for you.
- The SMS will also include a Google Maps link for you to follow to find your property.
6. What if I arrive earlier, can I check-in early?
In most instances, your accommodation has only been vacated on the morning of the day you are arriving. Unfortunately, we cannot early check-ins during peak season but maybe allowed during other times, subject to availability. Please speak to our Guest Services team should you require an earlier arrival.
7. What time is check out?
- Check out is strict 10.00am.
Often we have guests arriving at your accommodation on the day of your departure and require the time to clean the accommodation. Please speak to our Guest Services team should you require a late departure. Unfortunately, we cannot allow late check-outs during the Peak Season.
8. What if something breaks during my stay?
Accidents happen and we appreciate if you let us know if the property is damaged during your stay. Usually, we will receive a quote to replace/ repair the damaged property and this will be paid from the security deposit. If something was damaged on your arrival, please let us know immediately and we will endeavour to have it fixed as soon as possible.
9. What if we leave something behind?
There is a $55.00 administration fee for Discover Stradbroke to collect items that have been left behind at properties. It is also the guest’s responsibility to organise postage or a courier to receive their belongings back at their own cost. If a housekeeper brings lost property to our office, it will be stored in our lost property bin for 2 weeks. If it is not claimed within this time frame, the items will be given to charity.
10. How do I find my booked accommodation?
- We provide a printed map that has the location of the property marked in your arrival information pack.
- You arrival instructions email will also include GPS co0ordinates that can be clicked on with a smartphone or tablet.
- Most properties have a Discover sign at the entry point.
11. Are pets allowed inside in pet-friendly properties?
- Most of our properties do not allow pets.
- Be aware that Straddie is home to many native animals, including koalas and kangaroos. It is your responsibility to control your pets and ensure that they do not in any way threaten or scare our furry friends.
- We encourage you to keep your pet outside when holidaying with us.
- Some properties are strictly no pets inside whereas other properties are more lenient.
- If your pet needs to be indoors, please ask our staff about the conditions.
- You must clean up after your pet inside and outside the property.
- There will be a $110 extra cleaning fee applied at the time of booking.
- This does not include cleaning up doggy do!
- Damage caused will be charged to the credit card you supply.
12. Do we have to clean the property before we leave?
It states in our Terms and Conditions that you must leave the property in a clean and tidy state upon departure. This would include:
- stacking the dishwasher – no need to empty, please.
- taking out your rubbish (and putting the Wheelie bin curbside).
- leaving the BBQ as you found it – cleaning products are supplied.
- giving the floor a once over sweep or vacuum.
13. What if the house is not left clean on our departure?
- There may be a minimum extra cleaning fee of $55 and then charged out at $55 per hour or part thereof.
- An extra cleaning fee of $55.00 may also apply to the BBQ if it is not left clean on departure.
- It is your responsibility to put the wheelie bins curbside.
- Excess rubbish that does not fit in the wheelie bin is your responsibility to dispose of.
- There is a Redland City Council operated “Waste Transfer Station” 1k past the Amity turn-off towards Dunwich.
14. What if there is a problem with your property on arrival?
Please contact Discover Stradbroke Office immediately. We will do our best to rectify the problem on the day, however, access to tradesmen on the weekends may not be possible. Ph: 3415 3949.
15. What do I do if there is an emergency in the property?
- Call “000” when lives are in danger or you have a neighbour noise complaint
- Call 0457 445 005 for a property-related emergency such as a burst pipe, leaking toilet or hot water system, power supply issues.
- Issues with TV reception and wi-fi or similar, are not considered Emergencies.